CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blue Skies....smilin' at me

Our house is near the edge of a plateau or bluff, and when you look over the edge you see a town called Oildale. This town, as the name implies, is full of oil pumps and so the view isn't exactly breathtaking. After a huge rain storm in Dec. I was driving along Panorama which runs along the edge, and I saw a sight I had never seen. Oildale--not shrouded in pollution! To give my friends and family who don't live here an idea of how bad it is, I took some pictures that day and some more just the other day when the view was what I normally see when I drive down Panorama. Now to be fair, I don't drive this way every day, but in three years of living here I have honestly never seen the view like this. I never knew what (if anything) was beyond that wall of haze.

A rare blue sky



A typical day here in good ol' Bakersfield.


4 comments:

Lydja said...

Ah sick! This is how it FELT in Utah a couple of weeks ago. The inversion was really bad.

Tami said...

Wow! That is crazy! YUCK! Can't say it is much better here for most of the winter. Any baby yet???

Tami said...

YUCK! it gets pretty bad here too some days, but that is really bad! Any baby news yet?

Papa Randy said...

A really cute picture of the boys on the header. Blue skys in Bakersfield, who would have thought? Love the snow pictures too. Boys just love snow. Snow is a nice place to visit but not to live. At least that's the opinion of an old guy.